PSP Glazing System
Aluminium Glazing System with EPDM Rubber Glazing Gaskets, to greatly simplify the attachment of ClearVue Polycarbonate Roofing to Twinwall products. System includes Glazing Bar, Gaskets and Glazing Cover.
Fixing Instructions - Purlin
- Determine how many panels will be required for the job. 635mm cover from profile to centre to profile centre.
- Find the centre of the roof and string a line from top to bottom. For an even number of sheets place your first profile on the line. For an odd number measure 317.5mm from the centre line. This is your start position.
- Measure 635mm either side of the first profile and place the next two bottom profiles with glazing rubbers inserted.
- Place a panel on each profile.
- Place a top profile on the centre profile and drill 5mm hole through both profiles where it intersects with a purlin. (Diagram 1)
- Fix top profile down with a 5g x 50mm #2 Stainless Steel Pan Head Self Tapping Screw. Complete this for all purlins.
- Between each purlin drill a 5mm hole at 150mm increments. Through the top profile channel, being careful not to drill into the bottom bracket V channel. Fix with 5g x 20mm Stainless Steel Cap Screws (Diagram 2) repeat for entire length of profile.
- Place top cap and lightly tap down with a rubber mallet until it "clicks".
- Repeat above steps until entire roof is completed.
- For edge detail use a PSP 'F' profile (Diagram 3).
- Screw or Silicone on End Caps (Diagram 4).
Fixing Instructions - Rafter
- Cut glazing bars and panels to required lengths and widths. Ensure to allow at least 50mm overhang into the gutter line.
- Place the bottom section of the glazing bar with rubbers inserted on each rafter.
- Place precut panels on the glazing bar base. Ensure that the panels and bars are square, line the panel edge up with the glazing rubbers inside edge.
- Place cut to length top section of the glazing bar on top of bottom section.
- Drill a 5mm hole through the top and bottom sections, making sure not to drill into the timber frame.
- Fix down with 8g x 50mm #2 Stainless Steel Pan Head Self Tappers (Diagram 5) at 300mm increments.
- Complete above steps for the entire roof.
- For overhangs of 50mm or more a 5g x 20mm Stainless Steel Cap Screw is required every 150mm (Diagram 6).
- For side profiles, use a PSP 'F' section (Diagram 7). This acts as a packer as well as fixing through the side.
- Place top cap on all profiles and tap down with a rubber mallet until it "clicks".
- Screw or Silicone on Aluminium End Caps (Diagram 8).